Re: 今さんの文章

このトピックの投稿一覧へ

なし Re: 今さんの文章

msg#
depth:
前の投稿 - 次の投稿 | 親投稿 - 子投稿なし | 投稿日時 2009/7/30 15:43
DJZ    投稿数: 329
I been wanting to see Bashir for a while, too. Unlike your animated movies which don't even get nominated for an Oscar, or get enough distribution and marketing to be noticed for one, Bashir actually got a lot of buzz and money, but got screwed over by being dumped in "Best Foreign Language Film", where it ironically lost to the only Japanese movie to win the award thus far: Departures. Meanwhile, they did do a tribute to Kurosawa when he died, but that's about it.

Unfortunately, the people who vote for these things are behind the rest of the country in terms of what's considered a "Best Animated Movie". So, for example, if Princess Mononoke was competing, and not Spirited Away, it would actually be shut out, simply because of the former movie's more mature content. But your stuff's just gotten mishandled by studios who want to cash in without doing any of the leg-work. Millennium Actress got screwed over by Dreamworks, because the company wanted to bet it all on House of Sand and Fog that year. Tokyo Godfathers was released the same year as MA, so the two canceled each other out. Paprika was released at the end of the month, literally in a hole in the ground in the middle of a heavy-traffic area; so no one could watch it. I think the biggest screw-up, though, came from Kadokawa, since it could've had a winner with Tokikake, but only seemed interested in getting a licenseor for it in the U.S.

Oh, yeah, back to Bashir. I guess if you liked it, you can check out Persepolis and A Scanner Darkly.
投票数:1 平均点:0.00

投稿ツリー

条件検索へ