Re: Inception vs. Paprika controversy , 開始対パプリカ論争

このトピックの投稿一覧へ

なし Re: Inception vs. Paprika controversy , 開始対パプリカ論争

msg# 1.21
depth:
前の投稿 - 次の投稿 | 親投稿 - 子投稿なし | 投稿日時 2010/8/27 16:06 | 最終変更
DJZ    投稿数: 329
I really hate dredging this up old topic again, but it's true.

From
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/comic-riffs/2010/08/anime_director_satoshi_kon_rip.html :

RIP, Satoshi Kon: Will 'Inception' director speak now for 'PAPRIKA's' dreamy magic?

I am hoping that now, the high-riding Christopher Nolan will help give the great Satoshi Kon an even larger due.

Kon's many, many fans, of course, don't need Nolan's validation to affirm the anime filmmaker's mastery and gift and craft. But if the "Inception" director sings the praises of Kon now, soon after the Japanese animator's death, perhaps thousands more "unenlightened" filmgoers might come to appreciate the accomplishment that is "Paprika."

Kon is known too, of course, for "Perfect Blue" and "Toyko Godfathers" and "Millennium Actress," but it is 2006's "Paprika" -- about a world in which medical professionals use a machine to enter (or "incept") their patients' dreams -- that bears such striking resemblances to Nolan's summer live-action blockbuster.

Even if Nolan was not directly inspired by "Paprika," he surely has seen it -- and surely has appreciated it (and perhaps Yasutaka Tsutsui's novel, as well). Now, I hope Nolan might be as vocal as filmmaker Darren Aronofsky has been in speaking to Kon's gifts.

With his talent for blending realistic and fantastical elements in his eerie and disorienting and gorgeous anime, Kon -- even as relatively short as his career was -- should be remembered as one of Japan's most gifted modern artists.

Kon, who was said to be working on a new film about dreams, died of pancreatic cancer Tuesday in Toyko. He was 46.
投票数:3 平均点:3.33

投稿ツリー

条件検索へ